Wednesday, 12 September 2018

Exhibition September 2018

Tables were in place, easels set up and art work and photographs on display just before our first visitors arrived at 11.00 - phew!  There followed a steady stream of people throughout the day, all seemingly amazed by the standard of the work and delighted by the sumptuous cakes available with a drink for £2.50   Home made jam and home grown produce were also available and soon sold.  

Sunday was perhaps not quite so busy but there were more sales of work.  Several visitors commented that they preferred the layout of art work on tables to the traditional system of screens.  They felt it seemed less formal and more friendly and they liked being able to see other visitors over the art work.  Everyone enjoyed meeting up with old friends and neighbours and chatting over a cake and cup of tea or coffee.

Many thanks to everyone who generously provided cakes, some not even connected to the art group, and the members who gave their time and energy to serving them and collecting the money.  They were on the go all day and must have been very tired at the end of it especially as they had also had to set up their art work before hand.

All in all, everyone should feel very proud of achieving such a successful exhibition.  Total refreshment sales were £286 and currently donations (which include artist's contribution from their sales) stands at £187 making a total of £473 but there are more donations to come so we will definitely exceed £500. 

I did manage to take a few photos but I am afraid I seemed to get sidetracked every time I tried to take a one.  Several were not sharp, probably because I was trying to do it too quickly.  However, many thanks to Ruth who has been able to fill in the gaps and I think most artist's work is covered.  To view them click on Exhibition September 2018 on the right hand side of this blog.  If you click on the first photo it will appear individually in full screen and you can navigate via a line of photos which appear at the bottom of the screen, you can click on each in turn.


No comments:

Post a Comment