Wednesday, 18 October 2017

Monday 16th October 2017 at Little Hereford Village Hall

This month 11 members attended the village hall, nine with completed homework  which you will remember was about using a limited palette.  Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Sienna and White were the preferred colours to use but any blue or brown could be used and if you could not manage with these colours a different three colours could be substituted.   



This stylish jug is by Angie and in acrylics.  I love the shine she has obtained in the glaze.  


Ruth is not keen on acrylic paint and had very limited colours but used those she had to create this still life.  Well done Ruth.  




Eva completed this super painting in Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Sienna watercolour, from a photo, whilst on holiday.  As she was using watercolour she followed purist principles and left the paper for the white.  Very well done Eva.  




Sharon generally works in pencil and black ink but she managed some well drawn jugs and also added a rose in ink.  The jug on the right is a good copy of the one in the painting from which homework was set.


My sheep is from a photo I took over a year ago.  I used Ultramarine Blue, White and Burnt Umber acrylic paint. Rather than Burnt Sienna I thought Burnt Umber would give softer darks to depict the shadows in these woolly coats.    


Usually working in very detailed pencil Lesley M used Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Sienna watercolour for her design, leaving the paper for white.  Well done Lesley.


A fabulous watercolour vignette of silver by Larry in Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Sienna leaving the paper for white.


John cleverly transposed a full colour photo into this pretty water colour using Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Sienna leaving the paper for white.



Bridget's striking painting of light through bluebell woods is in oil.  Great work Bridget.

 I think the results of this experiment, using an extremely limited palette, were just amazing and everyone should be really pleased with their work. 

P.S.  I have also added Susie's, Lesley M's and Lesley C's homework from July/August to our September blog.  


Next time the homework is to compose an interesting study/picture of your own kitchen and/or utensils.  Any size any medium and I look forward to seeing your interpretations. 


Christmas.  I have provisionally booked lunch for a small party at the Roebuck in Brimfield Monday  18.12.17 which would be our normal meeting date.  Lunch start time 12.30 - 13.00.      

It is very close to Christmas and you may not feel you want to eat out then so please let me know whether you want to join us?  Also whether you want to allow non members to come too, I think it would be a nice idea if you have someone who would like to come along.  








No comments:

Post a Comment