I certainly wish I had been able to manage it.
Those attending had a good meeting and worked hard at their chosen subjects but also found the time to help each other with very constructive advice. Although I don't have any photos of that work I do have some super photos of completed homework which was "Something from the greengrocers". In some cases I am not absolutely sure of the medium so please forgive me if I am wrong. In the limited space available, I have added only a few short comments which I hope are useful but we can always discuss further at a later date if you wish. Clearly everyone has taken a lot of time and effort to produce this homework, well done.
Bridget's sketch, in her favourite pencil, there is nice use of different marks to show the different textures
Acrylic
Acrylic
Watercolour
Three studies by Eva, I particularly like the modelling on the pepper and the marks used to depict the texture of the kale.
Susie's watercolour, a lovely use of complementary colours making a clear, vibrant picture and with good observation of reflected colours
Angie's watercolour, very well drawn and executed with the colander giving an interesting slant to the picture.
John's water colour and ink, an innovative composition for the subject, I like the light touch of the ink especially on the lettering, as text can sometimes distract the eye from the main subject, but not in this case.
Here are my efforts, all in oils. I have been trying to work faster, with less fiddling and reduced attention to detail. In this, I think the pears work best, they were the first attempt but as I progressed I fiddled more. Oh well, (literally) back to the drawing board.
The next meeting is 24th April, and I am afraid I shall be unable to be with you again due to chemo, but I shall be with you in spirit and am looking forward to seeing your completed homework "Something from the grocers". Eat your heart out Andy Warhol!
If you have time to send me an e-mail, I would also love to know how you are getting on with your long term projects.



No comments:
Post a Comment